Yoga doha

Health head qatar  reviews about swasthi yoga



SWASTHI YOGA with Vishnu

by HEALTHhead


“The person with the greatest power,
Is the one who is soft & kind”
(HEALTHhead, 2013)


First and foremost, I would like to rest assure many of you that Qatar’s favourite Yoga Instructor and Wellness Practitioner; Vishnu Prasad, is being very well looked after by Doha’s most established Hotel’s Health & Recreation Club, Sheraton Fitness. Vishnu is at home here, a health club well known for having a unique atmosphere and for attracting the ‘crème de la crème’ of group instructors in Qatar.  I know many of you will be comforted by this, because you know as I do now; that he sincerely cares about the health and happiness of individuals.

Vishnu Prasad is the Founder of Swasthi Yoga, a form of yoga developed for individuals to achieve transformation within weeks.  The development of Swasthi Yoga, a form of exercise rooted in ancient holistic practises should not come as any surprise.  It is developed by a person who has lived and breathed it his entire life, an art, passed down from generation to generation in his family, beneath a blanket of strong cultural traditions.



Many of you may remember my ACTION GIRL series and how I have always been honest and open about how inflexible I am, always looking for the ideal flexibility group class or flexibility instructor.  Although I have incorporated stretching into my exercise regimen I am a long way from where I want to be.  Well now I believe that after 4 group lessons with Vishnu (and 1 ½ hrs/class) that I am on the right path . . . towards being transformed.

After my first group lesson with Vishnu, I knew immediately that I could ‘finally’ put my mind and body at rest.

I had first heard of Vishnu Prasad through a member of Sheraton Fitness quite some time ago, and I had observed the physical results this member had achieved within 6 months.  Unfortunately, due to the location Vishnu was 'then' practising at, I was unable to attend his classes.  Then on the 29th October, it seemed too good to be true; Vishnu ‘literally’ appeared on the front door step of the health club I am a member of, and was instructing.  It was like my prayers had been answered, and when this happens you take full advantage of that ‘once in a lifetime’ golden opportunity.



Coming from an extensive healthcare background, I admire exercise instructors who integrate healthcare education into their classes, and Vishnu does exactly that.  Occassionally, class participants will sincerely ask why he teachs a particular move, and he will comfortably, knowledgeably and patiently explain at a physiological level, the benefits of each move.  I was overwhelmed with his responses, and so were many of the participants.

From the absolute beginner to the advanced practitioner, he teaches with ease, most content when manoeuvring around the room assisting each individual.  He has a unique gift of being able to push each person beyond their limit.  There is an initial resistance from some, but with much trust they succumb to his soft voice and experienced touch.

When you have finished the class, you don’t remember Vishnu for his skilfully executed positions, the painful contortions you placed your body in, or even the extreme measure to which he pushes your mind and your body.  You walk away remembering his soft & kind face, and his passionate approach towards making you believe that you can transform your body in less time; and you can.

I did my first handstand on my 3rd lesson and I attend Vishnu’s classes 3x per week.  He is my medicine for the week.  I look forward to each class and I look forward to hearing him say;
“This exercise has expired . . . You will do this one now . . .”,  Vishnu’s very own ‘ signature statement’
He certainly has a unique teaching style, and polite demeanour.  He is articulate; and almost hypnotic... you will do anything he asks of you, even though you do try to resist as I did.  But, you will not have to look any further . . .

DON’T miss Vishnu.  His classes are;
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6 – 7:30pm, and Fridays & Saturdays 11:15am – 12:45pm.
The Studio he teaches in at Sheraton Fitness has the perfect view, of the Arabian Peninsula and is ‘Perfect’ for him . . . perfect for a very special person.

No comments:

Post a Comment